Here at Denton Injury Lawyers, our main goal is to efficiently and cost effectively help our clients get the compensation they deserve. This is why we advise them to secure things that might help their claim as long as they don’t hinder police investigation. Below are some of the evidences useful in an auto accident case.
Unlike other forms of evidence, this is something you can actually take on your own. You don’t need a professional camera to capture details in the scene of the incident. All you need to know is the right kind of photos to capture.
- It is important to show the damages of all cars and property involved. Injuries should also be documented.
- Skid marks and the general direction of the cars involved can help experts determine the sequence of events that happened and verify accounts.
- Pay attention to shattered glass, debris, removed car parts, and other items in the scene.
- Take note of the environment and weather conditions. Use landmarks or bigger properties to compare scale and distance.
- Take close ups, medium distance shots, and panoramic or long range shots.
- If you are not sure of what to capture, take as much photos as possible.
Security Camera Footage
Check the establishments near the scene of the accident for CCTV cameras to see if everything or at least a part was captured. Your lawyer or the authorities might need to move fast because CCTV footages are not known to last long and might be deleted within weeks. Also, you can ask about red-light cameras as more and more stop lights are having them installed.
Aside from the above mentioned kinds of evidence you can use, it is also important to secure and properly organize the following:
- Medical records
- Insurance policies of both drivers involved
- Bills incurred after the incident, including repair estimate and transportation cost
- Testimony from witnesses
- Police record
- Notes and testaments from experts who can help strengthen your claim
Visit our blog again for more information on auto accidents and properly making a claim. For a more comprehensive and professional advice, call us here at Denton Injury Lawyers and schedule a free consultation as soon as possible.